Start a new topic

How to take of the coffee smell and the coffee taste of the Inox Steel Mighty Mug?

One of these days I put hot coffee in my stainless steel mug and now anything I put inside the mug gets taste and smell of coffee. Does anyone know how to stop this?

1 person has this question

Detergent and stell bushing should do the job.
I would try baking soda. If that doesn't work salt and ice to clean it out really well. But the baking soda should do the trick

Thank you guys!!! I already tried detergent and bushing, but the smell remains... I will try the baking soda... 

Try using those effervescent denture cleaners. That's what I use in my bicycle bottles to really clean them out. I've used them before to clean my thermos after I had chili in it--worked fine.

coffee pot cleaners work great. Get it from a rest supply or hardware stores have 'em!  Good luck!

citric acid is awesome.  Not only will it get rid of any nasty smell but will also remove staining.  This can also be used in kettles, coffee machines etc.  Also cheep to buy (amazon £6.00 for a 1kg tub which will do tons of stuff).  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  I found out about this at my Veterinary Practice where I now work.  We use this to remove lime scale etc. as it is completely Non-Toxic, indeed it is used in a great deal of food prep).  Hope you all find this works out for you.

Login or Signup to post a comment