Start a new topic

The Lousiest customer service ever !!!

I bought ( ordered and paid ) a mighty mug for delivery to a friend in Illinois who would be hand carrying the item to me in the Philippines. I paid $8 for the shipment within the US . I ordered on January 12, 2015. My friends schedule to fly out January 27.... Enough time right ? A big no!!! They promptly acknowledged my order and payment and gave me a tracking number having pre informed USPS of the pending parcel. It was supposed to arrive within 2days . My friend informed me it still hadnt arrived on the 17th . I opened 2tickets, no response until now , no update, no nothing . Notice, they didn't post a phone number you can call. My friend has since left and arrived here with no mighty mug . I have filed for chargeback due to non delivery with my card comoany for full refund. Until now not even a squeak or response from Mighty mug ! The lousiest customer service !!!

11 people have this problem

35 days and counting. I was originally told they would address my issue within 24 hours (bottom disk no longer stays attached to mug). When I lift the mug straight up, the disk stays stuck to the table. I've sent two follow up replies under the same ticket and still no response. I guess I will have to go back to bed bath and beyond without receipt and hope they take it back.
Login or Signup to post a comment